Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cambodia, I'll take that for $100 Trebek!

This place is without question in my mind, my favorite in the world.  I'll say it again, MY FAVORITE IN THE WORLD!  Leaving Bangkok was bittersweet (mostly bitter because we boarded a prop jet), but arriving in Seam Reap pitted us with the nicest people I have encountered on this planet.  We met our guide - who I had no doubt would show up - only to be taken to the nicest resort I have ever come across in my life.  Literally, I challenge anybody to name a hotel that is more beautiful and soothing than the FCC in Siem Reap, Cambodia.  I am writing this all at the expense of getting bitten alive by mosquitoes, but alas, I am able to jump in the deep saltwater pool, whenever I find them too unbearable.
Ian and I, drudgingly - due to our tiredness - headed to the town, where we have encountered 1 more American than we had on the entirety of the rest of our trip, four.  We met them because a girl had written profanities about North Carolina, I happened to be wearing a UNC shirt and she went to Duke while her friend had just graduated UNC Medical School.  It was an awesome night.  To say the dollar goes far is one of the biggest understatements of my life.
I would write a lot, lot more, but in the spirit of getting this posted, my computer is about to die and we have temples to explore tomorrow.  Cheers, from CAMBODIA!!!

2 comments:

  1. I live for your posts!!!! Love them and you and so does everybody else. All sounds wonderful--keep em comin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANKAWOT NEXT OR HAVE YOU BEEN ALREADY>>>

    ReplyDelete