Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Full Day in Hong Kong aka NYC on Steroids

This city is extremely westernized, in fact the license plates are in English and English is often the leading language on street signs - at least on the Hong Kong island.  The only differences are: there are few homeless people, there are few smokers, and there are not many Westerners here.  Westerners are about as infrequent as breathing masks, which are used to protect against smog, and quite understandably.  The billboards advertising towards woman have as many if not more white women than Asians.
Today I went exploring, quickly realizing that Hong Kong is like a big commercial mall and that my sense of direction, or lack thereof, applies in foreign places.  My favorite part was Hong Kong Park because it had a very cool backdrop, mountains on one side and the pier on the other.  That was, until I might Ian who I utterly startled out of bed.  After asking many people where we could get Chinese food in Kowloon, we found a place that was adequately authentic.  From there we headed to Hutong to grab Sake (my first time ever drinking such), the views of Hong Kong were unrivaled and did not particularly remind me of any city I have been to.
感谢大家 (Cantonese? I don't know.)

2 comments:

  1. you've definitely tried sake before at sakura....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if that's true (which I cannot positively confirm), this Sake was not your ordinary Sake. This was Hong Kong, take your client out and show him the best view of Hong Kong to close the deal, Sake. It came in a little thing for which I lack the words to describe, and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete